DGFT has issued a Trade Notice on 11.02.2019 to provide an online module to facilitate filing and tracking of these Quality Complaints/Trade Disputes received from foreign buyers for poor quality of the products supplied by exporters from India, or from importers for quality of products supplied, or complaints of unethical commercial dealings categorized mainly as non-supply/ partial supply of goods after confirmation of order, supplying goods other than the ones as agreed upon, non-payment, nonadherence to delivery schedules, etc.
In spite of filing the complaints manually, w.e.f. 11.02.2019, all complaints to be filed through the DGFT site.
FOR THE COMPLAINANT
- Go to the DGFT website www.dgft.gov.in > Quick Links > File Quality/Trade Grievances > fill Online Application Form;
- Upload documents related to the quality complaint/trade dispute, wherever required [maximum size of 5MB size in pdf format];
- Submit Online Application Form to the jurisdictional RA of DGFT/SEZ;
- On submission, a Unique Reference Number (URN) starting with ‘Q’ will be generated and sent to the email id of the complainant. Please make sure that the email id is functional as all future correspondence will be made on this id only;
- The complainant, at a future date, can also provide additional material/correspondence to the DGFT RA/SEZ by quoting URN invariably in the subject header of the email;
- A link ‘View Status’ is also available for the complainant to check current position of the complaint at http://dgftebrc.nic.in.8080/TradeDispute