DGFT has made amendment to the Handbook of Procedures of FTP 2015-20 by issuing Circular No. 34/2015-20 on 04.09.2018 for inclusion of Paragraph 2.79D relating to export of SCOMET (Special Chemicals, Organisms, Materials, Equipment and Technologies) Items with immediate effect.
The Paragraph specifies that Authorisations for export of such items (other than those under Category 0, 1, 2 and 6 or ‘Technology’ or ‘Software’ in any category) solely for purpose of display/exhibition/tenders/RFP/RFQ/NIT shall be considered on following conditions –
- Such cases are meant for temporary export basis for a specified period;
- No commercial transactions by way of buying, selling, renting or leasing;
- No exchange of disclosure of information which may lead to transfer of technology;
- No end user certificate to be insisted upon;
- Export Authorisation not to be granted for UNSC sanctioned destinations or countries of high risk;
- Application to be accompanied by the proof of event with Invitation Letter/Advertisement, Purpose of Participation, Schedule and Location of Event; Documents confirming participation of applicant and an undertaking by the applicant confirming that exported items will remain in its custody during export period and will be brought back to India within 90 days from end of event.